Nomad issues

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Nomad issues

Postby Softly » 31 Jul 2012, 23:11

Ok so pip says the nomad kill all acu bug is back... I quite like it but it doesn't seem to have a counter from any other faction.

Also the strategic icon for the energy storage needs to be changed to the correct icon (currently is same as pgen)

And you removed my favourite nomads unit so that must have been a mistake.
[EDIT] If it wasn't a mistake I will cry like a baby. Again.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 251 times
FAF User Name: Softles

Re: Nomad issues

Postby pip » 31 Jul 2012, 23:21

DilliDalli wrote:Ok so pip says the nomad kill all acu bug is back... I quite like it but it doesn't seem to have a counter from any other faction.

Also the strategic icon for the energy storage needs to be changed to the correct icon (currently is same as pgen)

And you removed my favourite nomads unit so that must have been a mistake.
[EDIT] If it wasn't a mistake I will cry like a baby. Again.

He means the ACU nuke explosion kills everything.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Softly » 31 Jul 2012, 23:23

Brings a whole new level to the meaning of com bomb, and "taking one for the team".

Imagine the drop snipes
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Softly » 01 Aug 2012, 16:28

Found another bug that, when you build a nomad omni and tell it to radar boost, then tell it to stop radar boosting, its displayed energy usage goes to zero. (It has no energy usage info shown) This includes putting economic indicators on. It does however continue to function normally, and does still use energy.
[Edit] same issue for t1 and t2 radars.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Softly » 01 Aug 2012, 16:38

The shield generators energy consumption actually drops when they are upgraded to stealth. Does this mean that the energy use of shield + stealth does not stack?
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Softly » 01 Aug 2012, 18:14

The comet doesn't move to pick up units like other transports, it makes the units move to it. I don't know whether or not this is deliberate.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Brute51 » 01 Aug 2012, 22:00

Wow, thanks for the feedback!

- It's very strange that the com uber bomb is appearantly back. I dont know how that happened, it wasn't deliberate for sure. Oh wait, I know how it's possible. It's already fixed in the next version.

- I didn't know energy storage had a different icon. Investigating a bit, looks like it's a FAF change. Nomads does it correct if you compare it to 3599 or 3603 but FAF changed the icons on all energy storage. In the FAF part of the mod I've changed the icon aswell so that for FAF only the icon changes and the other versions retain the icon (yes, Nomads supports other versions aswell).

- Sorry about replacing the model. But it's possible you'll see it again.

- I know about the energy consumption not properly displayed when boosting radar. It's not something I can fix easily nor fast. For now I'll keep it as is, only the value displayed doesn't match but the correct amount of energy is still used. (I hoped you wouldn't see it ;) )

- The stealth shield generator and the shield generator are two different units. Each have their own energy usage defined. There's a difference in the energy use for these two units, the normal shield uses 200, the one with stealth shield uses 150. Pip, for now in the next version I'll change the stealth shield to 250 but you should provide a different value if it's not ok.

- The Comet behaves pretty much like other transports, doesn't it? Have you never noticed a transport waiting for the unit(s) instead of moving to them? I have. I don'think it's a bug nor different behaviour and it's not something I can change or fix (if it was broken). The unit behaviour regarding transport is mostly controlled in the engine (meaning I can't change it).
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby Softly » 01 Aug 2012, 23:11

I'll have another look at the comet behaviour.

Concerning the stealth shield upgrade, it definitely should cost more to run if it has extra functionality. Other factions need two structures, and that certainly doesn't get them any kind of reduction to cost.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Softly » 02 Aug 2012, 10:34

Found the issue where once the commander finishes building something, the building effect remains between the coms arm and the building. It only seems to occur with a t3 commander when it builds wall sections. Every odd wall section (i.e the first, third, fifth etc) causes the effect.

It is only aesthetic, doesn't affect gameplay and disappears upon starting a new building.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Postby Softly » 02 Aug 2012, 16:17

Me and pip were testing navy when we noticed that nomads wrecks don't sink. Also we had a load of stacked sub wrecks (pip spawned them together so they were literally on top of each other when they died) that started floating above the water significantly which was wierd.
Softly
Supreme Commander

Next

Return to Nomads Discussions