Now that we finally got the beta...

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Now that we finally got the beta...

Postby FunkOff » 19 Sep 2011, 03:01

We got some really good Nomads games in today, including some 2v2 and 3v3 games. Nomads seem really well done and I think everybody who's played with them think they are a strong addition to the game and really help diversify and improve it. I think your team can be proud of what you've made so far.
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Re: Now that we finally got the beta...

Postby Lu_Xun_17 » 19 Sep 2011, 09:32

I absolutly agree to this. When starting this beeta, i though nomads would be unplayable before a lot of work, but we feel that a lot of hours have already been spent in thinking about the mechanic of this faction.
Lu_Xun_17
Contributor

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 224 times
FAF User Name: LuXy

Postby Brute51 » 19 Sep 2011, 19:40

Thanks for the compliment!

Just to clarify, the version of Nomads you're playing is not the Nomads as it was two years ago (when the old team abandonned it). I changed a lot of things to make it competitively playable. Unfortunately that meant removing some of the impressive stuff that the old team created. If you wanna get an impression of what it was, you can find movies of it n Youtube placed there by ZJ. Nomads is still gonna be impressive, just not in the way that the old team thought of.

Please remember that this isn't even a beta version (contrary to what the title of this topic says). A beta is the period in which you fine-tune all aspects of a project (mainly balancing in our case). We're still developing and that makes this an alpha period. This means that stuff can still change, sometimes even radically change. I know competitive players like to have little or no changes but this is just how it is. I can't promise when the MP part goes to 'beta' (the SP campaign stuff is gonna remain in alpha for a longer time).
On the other hand, changes aren't bad, right? And if a change doesn't work out, it can be rectified. All I'm saying is, please don't be upset if it isn't perfectly balanced or things change over time. And ofcourse feedback is always much appreciated!
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Postby FunkOff » 19 Sep 2011, 19:47

Brute, don't worry. I'm sure that all the changes you make will be for the better. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just glad Nomads finally gets to see the light of day and we have a usable product. It's not perfect, but it's very good!
FunkOff
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 43 times
FAF User Name: FakeOff

Postby Brute51 » 19 Sep 2011, 19:54

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51