Build options not selectable?

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

Build options not selectable?

Postby Garma_Zabi » 21 Aug 2015, 03:52

When I start a game the ACU drops in normally but i'm unable to select anything from the build menu or any upgrades for the ACU.

This only began happening after the update I downloaded, I've played as the Nomads many times before. What could be the problem?
Garma_Zabi

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Garma_Zabi

Re: Build options not selectable?

Postby pip » 23 Aug 2015, 10:33

A FAF update broke Nomads. It's waiting to be fixed some time in the future.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby Garma_Zabi » 29 Aug 2015, 17:11

Ah I see, thanks.
Garma_Zabi

Has liked: 0 time
FAF User Name: Garma_Zabi

Postby labiiwasibe » 05 Sep 2015, 20:03

i only joined the forum today, wish i had joined earlier. each day i log in to faf and try nomads and see the same issue as stated above.(although todays test a power plant was on template which worked perfectly, adding templates simply wont do as still can not gain full use of ACU / factory - with prebuild on, as icon buttons are dead, even captured engineers/upgradable structures display same issue). heres a question noone seems to have asked for you, is it possible to return to an earlier version of FAF to play this mod in its glory? this is easily my favourite mod, and from reading through discussions here, i see talk about work towards a campaign <3 marvelous can not wait for that. also talk about making it transferable to steam - which didnt look overly promising but i understand why ( steam is not perfect ). i look forward to the fix, campaign, and/or word back about my question.
labiiwasibe

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: labiiwasibe

Postby pip » 05 Sep 2015, 20:38

Hi labiiwasibe, it's good to know people appreciate our work!

Until the mod is fixed on FAF, you can find a standalone version of Nomads on this page : https://bitbucket.org/Brute51/nomads/downloads

Latest version is b59. You can install it and play with a Steam version or DVD version of FAF.

Regards
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Postby labiiwasibe » 05 Sep 2015, 21:02

some feed back for you too, i have continued testing nomads knowing its not fully functional. We the players can still use it in FAF, however, the drawback is, we MUST use key bindings. we can select ACU press B - taking us to build mode - this provides us with letters assigned to each building / unit. its not great but its a start and we can play. so far i have not found a similar way to access ACU upgrades from key bindings. this might appease the player base while your working on a true fix :D

excellent i will download that imediately, and try it tomorrow, unfortunatly it is time for me to get ready for my job xD
labiiwasibe

Has liked: 1 time
FAF User Name: labiiwasibe

Return to Nomads Discussions