During DB research and testing

General Discussions about The Nomads.

Moderators: Softly, pip, Brute51, CookieNoob, JJ173, Moritz

During DB research and testing

Postby BrotherTerran » 10 Jul 2015, 19:32

Reply 3624792(possibly corrupted)- Testing- I'm creating a ghetto DB so we have some basic references for an average player. As they probably don't know much about Nomads and what the units are like. Honestly I didn't realize how different the Nomads were unit wise. I didn't have any luck opening the coding, so there is will be errors(but better than nothing). A few things stood out:
- T2 Transport only has 1,500 HP with flares ( others are 1,525-1,675)
T2 is faster, but as no anti air or ground fire

T2-Spitfire F/B- the ground attack seems very OP for what it is. There are 2 things that fired #1 the 4 rockets as normal then #2 4 napalm-ish missle shots. The total damage for these shots between both weapons is 1,401. With a health of 1,000 this unit is awesome. I'm guessing OP, but just wanted to make sure this was known.

T3 MA- Mauler- has a lot more health than other T3 MA(almost 2x), I really don't see the issue with this since we have no shields it seems to be the only way to win a arty battle. I was just curious if that was on the reasoning.

I'm sure you've already got feedback on the T2 transport(I didn't see any post) so I'm just curious why the lack of any offensive are the flares that fantastic? I thought they only shot every 5 seconds. On the T2 F/B though I'm sure its a mistake...it has more HP then others plus the huge ground damage. If that is the way it should be then I am just making T2 F/B more bang for my buck.

Love the T1 bomber & T3 gunship has so many great features, I'm seeing a lot of advantages on Air and T3 land per unit.

Overall the DB is coming along well. I'm missing details on units such as turn radius, exact speed, AOE, etc, but trying to finish up on the Navy. Something is better than nothing I'm hoping you can help me correct any gaping holes. I'll post them under the Nomad DB topic in 3 different post for each Land, Air, & Water and edit them as needed. Hopefully should be done in a few days, thanks as always for your feedback.
BrotherTerran
Crusader

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 3 times
FAF User Name: BrotherTerran

Re: During DB research and testing

Postby pip » 10 Jul 2015, 21:28

Nomads units, except t3 mobile artillery because of the lack of mobile shields and stealth, tend to have less hp and more damages, like the fighter / bomber. But it does full damage only against big and immobile targets. Against an immobile ACU, you will never deal 1400 damages, and against a moving one, much less.

Flares are very strong and speed is important for air units, especially for transports for which weapons are more cosmetic than useful.
pip
Supreme Commander

Has liked: 191 times
Been liked: 86 times
FAF User Name: pip

Re: During DB research and testing

Postby Brute51 » 10 Jul 2015, 22:29

Glad that you like the faction :-)

Thanks for your feedback! All feedback is appreciated a lot (even if it is negative).
Brute51

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times
FAF User Name: Brute51

Return to Nomads Discussions